Posted by ben on 22 Oct 2009 at 03:18 pm | Tagged as: art + bikes, arts organizations, celebrations, conceptual art, free food, graffiti, public art
This is a little reminder of some of the art events on this busy weekend.
- Mel Bochner is showing recent work at Lawrence Markey gallery on Friday night, 5-7 pm.
- For those of you who dig theory, the Land Heritage Institute is hosting an art-sci symposium, “The Nature of Place,” full of important thinkers, from Lucy Lippard, Sandy Stone, and Joan Jonas to Anjali Gupta (editor / director of Art Lies) and Leslie Raymond (head of the New Media Program at UTSA and one half of Potter-Belmar Labs). This is on Saturday & Sunday. It’s free, but you have to register.
- For some more family-oriented fun on Saturday, check out the Blue Star Contemporary Art Center’s Family Day, with free workshops, demonstrations, food, drink, and live music. There’s even a bike rodeo and free silk screening if you bring your bike & t-shirts!
- Saturday night the Martinez Street Women’s Center is having a fundraiser at Artpace called the Bling-Bling Fling. Should be a blast. Tickets are $25.
- The street art festival Clogged Caps is going on all day Saturday, with top-notch aerosol artists & DJs.
Don’t miss any of this stuff! Seriously!
: ::: :
/ . \
/ | \
( @@ )
/ _/—-\_ \
/ ‘/ \` \
/ / . \ \
/ /| |\ \
/ / | | \ \
/ /`_/_ _\_’\ \
/ ‘/ ( . )( . ) \ `\
/ ‘ @ @/ =\@ @ ` \
/ / @@( , )@@ \ \
/ / @@| o o|@@ \ \
‘ / @@@@@@@@ \ `
:: ::: :